Cultivating Health in a Changing World
The INAUGURAL SYMPOSIUM of the Cardiovascular Health and Well-Being Dietetic Practice Group of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
Thursday, April 11 - 14, 2024
University of Arizona
CV-Well Active and Retired Member: $250
CV-Well Student Member: $50
Single Day Registration: $125
Join us in Tucson, AZ, the first UNESCO City of Gastronomy in the US, to connect with colleagues and gain cutting-edge understanding of important topics affecting your practice. Gain new perspectives and build relationships as you explore the University of Arizona campus, taste the flavors of this culinary city, visit a living agricultural museum with traditional local heirloom crops and edible native plants, and take time to trek Sonoran Desert trails.
Deepen your knowledge base with experts at the forefront of these timely issues:
- Nutrition equity and security: food security versus nutrition security, what policies and programs provide effective support
- Sodium and cardiovascular health: recognizing and addressing emerging issues, how industry is responding, how to put recommendations into practice amidst differing circumstances
- Dyslipidemia update: what RDNs need to know
- Gut microbiome: state of the science on probiotics, prebiotics, and fermented foods and their role in health
- Sustainability: deepen food literacy and skills to communicate about how food choices relate to health, social justice, and sustainability
- Current concepts in physical activity and weight management: constrained energy expenditure, energy expenditure trackers, exercise recommendations
- Dietary supplements and health: current evidence on who, what, and when behind the headlines your clients and colleagues ask about
- Health and wellness coaching: expert insights on how – and when -- to build it into your practice
- Experiential learning on the broad world of grains and seeds: how to use them to enhance plant-focused dietary patterns
- Pre-symposium: body composition assessment – BMI and beyond
CV-Well is dedicated to equipping members to be the nutrition experts in promoting cardiovascular health (prevention and treatment) and well-being through nutrition and physical activity. You will leave our inaugural symposium feeling energized, inspired, and confident about putting deepened expertise on today’s crucial issues into practice in your teaching and counseling.
To discuss sponsorship opportunities, please contact CV-Well’s Corporate Relations Manager, Kathleen Griffith at firstname.lastname@example.org.