Mentoring Circle Goals
The Mentoring Circle Program is a multifaceted networking opportunity designed to foster deep professional relationships and collaborative learning. It delivers on the CV-Well Mission and Values to develop and empower members to be leaders within CV-Well and the profession.
Specific goals are to:
• Engage members and build community
• Enable professional growth through group and peer mentoring
• Foster the retention and development of future leaders
1-Year Pilot program in 2022-23
• 7-10 mentoring circles led by seasoned CV-Well leaders
• 6-8 mentees/circle
• Target participation 30-75
• Time commitment of approximately 3-4 hours per month
• Application Deadline: May 8, 2022 at 5 PM (CT)
• Matching: May 2022
• Kick-Off Event: June 2022
• Mid-year Evaluation/Check-In: Jan 2023
• Closing Event and Evaluation: May 2023
Learn About Roles and Responsibilities Here: CV-Well Mentoring Circle Program Overview
Current Circle Leaders/Mentors:
- Nancy Clark—Her decades of experience counseling active clients—from “ordinary mortals” to Olympians—helps them win with good nutrition. Her best-selling book, Nancy Clark's Sports Nutrition Guidebook, has sold over 800,000 copies and her sports nutrition workshops equipped thousands of dietitians and fitness professionals with knowledge and skills to advance their careers. View LinkedIn Profile
- Melinda Manore—Professor Emeritus in Nutrition/Exercise at Oregon State University, her research focuses on the interaction of nutrition and exercise for obesity and chronic disease prevention, health, and performance, with a special emphasis on women. Although retired, she continues to do research, write textbooks, and support her colleagues and former students. View LinkedIn Profile
- Sharon Smalling—With 41 years of experience in outpatient counseling, individual and group programming, she is a nationally known leader in cardiac rehab. Active in local dietetics affiliates and SCAN, Sharon has contributed to numerous professional conferences. Through her educational materials and media appearances, she’s also helped to educate the public.
- Rosie Gonzalez—From nutrition and breast cancer research to personal training and fitness to university and corporate wellness, Rosie’s never been afraid to take on new challenges. For the last 16 years, her career has focused on corporate wellness where she has managed comprehensive wellness programs, designed assessment tools, created behavior change programs and even built a Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) program to support clients through the COVID pandemic. View LinkedIn Profile
- Connie Diekman—A food and nutrition consultant and media spokesperson based in St Louis, she focuses on cardiovascular disease and wellness. Her experience spans work on an NIH-funded grant on hypercholesterolemia to counseling cardiac rehab patients, including 25 years leading wellness and sports nutrition programs at Washington University in St. Louis. Her volunteer roles include President of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and President of the St Louis and Missouri Chapters of the American Heart Association. View LinkedIn Profile
- Manju Karkare—President/CEO, Nutritionally Yours, a private practice focusing on prevention and wellness, gut health, food sensitivities and corporate wellness, she is active in the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, recently serving on the Board of Directors. She is motivated to inspire future leaders for CV-Well and the Academy and to elevate the role of RDNs globally. View LinkedIn Profile
Before completing the application, familiarize yourself with the program and the obligations of Circle Members as described in the CV-Well Mentoring Circle Program Overview (via the link above). Joining the program is a professional decision and commitment. Please note that the time commitment for this program is approximately 3-4 hours per month, and participation is vital to the success of the program. The deadline to apply is May 8, 2022 at 5 PM (CT).
Apply to be a Mentoring Circle Leader (Mentor) or Circle Member (Mentee) here: APPLICATION
The deadline to apply is May 8, 2022 at 5 PM (CT).
If you have any questions about Mentoring Circles, please contact CV-Well’s Leadership Cultivation Director, Jean Storlie, at firstname.lastname@example.org.