CV-Well is a dietetic practice group (DPG) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, therefore you must be a member of the Academy in order to join CV-Well. The membership year runs from June 1 through May 31, and CV-Well memberships are accepted through the end of January, dues are not pro-rated. After signing up with the Academy you will receive access to the Members-only side of the CV-Well website, access to all Pathways publications, discussion boards, and all other electronic messages sent out exclusively to members of CV-Well.
CV-Well Annual Dues:
Join CV-Well Today!
Existing Academy Members:
- Go to the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics website: eatrightpro.org
- In the upper right, click on the orange, "Sign In" button.
- Enter your Member ID/Username and Password and click on the Login button.
- Click on the "My Academy" button in the upper right.
- Scroll down to the section "Membership Information".
- Select "add groups" and follow the prompts to select CV-Well.
New Academy Members:
- Go the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics website: eatrightpro.org
- In the upper right, click on the orange, "Sign In" button.
- Complete the online application. As part of the process, you will be able to choose membership in one or more Dietetic Practice Groups (DPGs). To join CV-Well, click on the box next to Cardiovascular and Well-being Nutrition.
- If you have any trouble signing up for the CV-Well DPG, email CVWell@eatright.org.
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Membership Categories
Pathway to Academy Membership
- Active – This is the Academy’s largest membership category. Active members can enjoy all the benefits the Academy has to offer, including career, professional and continuing education resources. The Academy’s main, professional membership category encompasses:
- Individuals who have completed accredited dietetics education programs, and
- Individuals with advanced degrees in an approved area of concentration.
- Student – The Academy’s membership category for pre-professionals enrolled in (or stating their intent to enroll in) an approved dietetics education program. Student category members enjoy reduced dues while gaining access to the vast majority of benefits Active members enjoy, including career resources and scholarships.
- International – Individuals who have completed, or are completing, formal training in food, nutrition or dietetics received outside the United States may also qualify for membership with the Academy. The Academy's International category extends membership worldwide, providing networking for food and nutrition professionals and students in any area of practice, wherever they live.
- Retired – Individuals who have retired from dietetics practice and are at least 62 years of age qualify for reduced dues so they may maintain their Academy membership to remain connected to their profession and colleagues. Retired category members enjoy all the privileges and benefits of the Active membership category while also qualifying for discounts on a variety of Academy products and services.
- Associate – Practitioners in a wide variety of fields related to health care, food, culinary, school nutrition, sports and fitness may now join the Academy as an Associate. Associates have access to extensive benefits, including the Evidence Analysis Library, professional publications, networking opportunities and preferred pricing on resources and conferences.
Information about the Academy's five membership classifications can also be viewed by downloading the Membership Pathways brochure.
Value of Academy Membership
The Academy provides a multitude of products and services designed to help our members develop their skills, advance their careers, and achieve their professional goals. Members can take advantage of the following valued benefits:
- Publications, including access to the Journal ($385 in value), a free subscription to Food & Nutrition Magazine®, exclusive access to email newsletters, discounts on Nutrition Care Manual subscriptions (up to $167 in savings) and electronic Nutrition Care Process Terminology subscriptions (up to $75 in savings), and access to all eatrightPRO.org content.
- Career and business resources, including the Find an Expert Listing ($249 in value), the Compensation Benefits Survey ($250 in value), and savings on Eatright Careers job postings ($235 in savings).
- Educational opportunities, including free CPE in the Journal ($1,080 in value) and through the Academy’s Online Certificate of Training Programs ($375-$240 in savings per program).
- Practice, Science and Quality resources, such as access to the Evidence Analysis Library ($250 in value) and access to the Academy's position and practice papers.
- FNCE® Early bird registration ($320 in savings).
- Scholarships and awards provided by the Academy and its Foundation, such as Foundation scholarships, the National Honors and Awards and the Fellow program. (Exclusive to members)
- Networking and knowledge sharing opportunities, including eMentoring and DPG and MIG membership. (Exclusive to Members)
- Discounts on products and insurance. (Exclusive to members)
- eatrightSTORE.org Online discounts. (Exclusive to members)
- Nutrition Information Services access, which includes help from staff RDNs. (Exclusive to members)
2021/2022 Academy Active Category Membership: $234. This sampling of benefits: more than $3,000 in savings.
Value of CV-Well Membership
CV-Well offers a wealth of benefits to members. Members work in diverse health arenas such as clinical settings, corporate well-being, community nutrition, private practice, research, education, and government.
Learning and Professional Development Opportunities
- Pathways, a quarterly, research and practice-based publication with CPE in every issue
- Archived editions of the SCAN Pulse peer-reviewed newsletter and the SCAN Wellness-CV Connection newsletter
- At least 8 per year on a variety of topics for members at all stages of their careers
- On-demand viewing 24/7/365
- FNCE® Spotlight Session
- CV-Well Virtual Workshop—Coming Spring 2022!
- Access to Natural Medicines Database for unbiased, scientific, clinical information on complementary, alternative, and integrative therapies
- Fact sheets for client education, marketing needs, and guidance on practice issues
- Network opportunities to develop professional skills and engage with your peers
- Leadership opportunities to contribute to your profession through volunteering
- Member directory to enhance job search and networking
- Influence public policy and advocate for reimbursement
- Online discussion forum for questions about practice, research, public policy, and other hot topics
- Social media connections
- CV-Well Book Club (quarterly)
- CV-Well Member Spotlight events year-round
- CV-Well events at FNCE®
Awards and Grants
- CV-Well Achievement Award
- CV-Well Excellence in Practice Award
- CV-Well Excellence in Research Award