Wellness Wind Down Networking Event:
Summer Mocktails and Apps Edition
Wednesday, June 1, 2022
6 PM - 7 PM (CT)
Speaker: Chef Sara Haas, RD
Come join us for a relaxing evening with Chef Sara Haas, RD and Ivana Petrovic, MS, RDN, LD, where we'll provide some fun summer menu ideas and chat just in time for the summer season! Menu to include non-alcoholic mocktails, heart-healthy appetizers, and of course, some good conversation! Bring your culinary questions and get ready to prep and cook alongside us, as we explore exciting options for your summer get-togethers!
Grab your ingredients and cook along! Recipes that will be demonstrated are listed here:
Blistered Cherry Tomatoes Bruschetta
1 pint cherry tomatoes
2 cloves garlic, peeled
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for toast ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon crushed black pepper
½ baguette, preferable whole wheat, cut into ¼-inch thick slices
Fresh basil, for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 425’F.
2. Place the tomatoes and garlic on a small, rimmed baking sheet or baking dish and drizzle with oil. Season with salt and pepper and toss. Bake until tomatoes pop and soften, about 25-30 minutes.
3. While tomatoes cook, prepare toasts. Brush both sides of bread slices with a bit of olive oil. Set a large skillet over medium heat and add the bread; cook until golden, about 2 minutes on each side.
4. Serve tomatoes on toasts and garnish with fresh basil.
5. Recipe Note: To achieve more blistering, move an oven rack to the top shelf and turn up the heat to broil. Move pan to upper rack and broil 1 minute.
Strawberry Basil Mockarita
¼ Cup Strawberries
8 Leaves of Basil
8 ounces Club Soda
1 ounce Lime Juice
1. Wash and dry outside of lime and roll out the lime on a clean countertop, applying slight pressure to the outside of the lime. Wash and lay out basil and strawberries on a paper towel to dry, just before making this drink. Thin slice or cut lime in half; quarter strawberries and add to a small bowl or mortar/pestle bowl, with the basil leaves.
2. Muddle the strawberries and basil using a wide, ﬂat surface, like a pestle. Add lime juice and muddle a little longer. Muddling will infuse ﬂavor!
3. Grab a fun glass. Fill the glass with the muddled strawberries and basil, top with ice, and pour the mixed drink over top the ice. Enjoy!
4. Tip: Make it more fun by garnishing with pink salt, mint leaves, etc!
Prep time 10 minutes
Ready in 10 minutes
Serves 1 person