A Cardiovascular/Well-being Dietitian is a registered dietitian who specializes in supporting people to choose healthy eating habits and active, positive lifestyles to optimize cardiovascular health and overall well-being through preventive nutrition counseling and medical nutrition therapy.
A Wellness/Cardiovascular Dietitian can help you:
- eat for optimal health and well-being.
- prevent or reduce your risk for heart disease, cancer, diabetes, GI, and other nutrition-related diseases.
- lower your cholesterol and manage blood pressure.
- develop a personalized eating plan for health and fitness.
- lose, gain, or maintain a weight that is healthiest for you.
- promote your overall health & well-being, including physical, emotional, and social factors.
- improve the health of your employees.
Dietitians specializing in the areas of Cardiovascular and Well-being nutrition may counsel individuals and families in a clinical or hospital setting; private practice office; corporate wellness, weight management, or cardiac rehab program; fitness center; research center; or military fitness program. They may also serve as a media spokesperson; speak to organizations; serve on advisory boards; consult with food companies, grocery stores or restaurants regarding products or menu items; write consumer or professional educational materials; and/or create newspaper, magazine, and internet articles or blogs. We’re everywhere!
How can you locate a qualified Cardiovascular/Well-being Dietitian?